Thứ Sáu, 13 tháng 6, 2014

Review: Hm Mini Kabuki Brush

This would be a great little product, if only the bristles were softer. :(
Type of product: Kabuki brush, mini-sized, synthetic bristles
Brand: H&M
Product name: Mini Kabuki Brush (Selected, Kabuki Brush by H&M)
Price: 29.90 kn
Rating: 6/10
Would I repurchase: I'm not sure; I like the size of the brush, but I don't like how it feels when it touches my skin.
My opinion: H&M has quite a few brushes in their collection now, but what caught my eye were the two kabuki brushes: a regular and a mini-sized one. I did not purchase the regular size because I already have a similar kabuki brush (LOOK by Bipa in the photo below), and these two seemed similar in size. The H&M kabuki brush is double the price, so I'll pass (because instead I'll just buy two brushes from Bipa, they're great). Now, let's talk about this mini kabuki brush: the size of this brush is perfect for me (I have a small head, and the kabuki brush by Bipa is sometimes too large for me). The problem with this brush is the quality of the bristles (or lack of it). Though on the H&M website it says the bristles are soft, they really are not. I have my fair share of cheap brushes (essence, Bipa, etc.), and I've never had this problem. Though the brush seems soft when you pull it over your hand, once it's used on your face it's not the same. What happens is that you feel a mild burning sensation - it's nothing drastic, and it doesn't cause redness, but it's something to consider. The problem is amplified if you're in a hurry and are moving the brush faster. I've washed this brush and no hairs have fallen out, and the drying time is pretty good actually. I use this brush to apply setting powder (you can also use it for blush, bronzer, etc). The brush picks up product well, and doesn't pick up too much.  I like the color of the brush (it looks very elegant) and it fits well in my hand. The precision it gives you is very good for a Kabuki brush (it's quite dense, more than the LOOK by Bipa brush, for instance).
Conclusion: This is a cute little product, it's the perfect size for what I need, the only downside is that the bristles can be a bit harsh to the face - but nothing drastic. I do not think I'll be getting the larger version of this brush.
This product is for you if: If you need a small kabuki brush that's cheap but performs well, and don't mind mild discomfort.
You should avoid this product if: If you are looking for a brush with very soft bristles.
Links:
Size comparison photo:
Have you tried any tools by H&M? I also have their beauty sponge. I bought this product in the H&M store in Cvjetni, Zagreb, but it seems they are sold out within days. The price of this product is good, but, like I said, I have other cheap brushes, and I've never had any of them ''burn'' me. Has this ever happened to you? Anyways, see you guys soon, 


xoxo, Jelena


Socializer Widget By Blogger Yard
SOCIALIZE IT →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét

Labels

'70 grape sweater accent nail accessories acrylic afrodita alessandro alverde arm art ASHley autumn aveo avon baking paper balea balm base beautyUK berry BioProl bipa black blackest black bloody mary to go blue blue paradise blush body body lotion body&soul book bornpretty bronze bronzer Brown Bruno Brownani brush candy bar care carmex catrice Caught On The Red Carpet cera di cupra chi chi circus confetti city amazon cleanser clouds coastal scents collection colour&go comparison concealer coral cracking creative ctfxc cupko deborah deborah milano dental floss dental floss container pieces dermapip discussion DIY dm dotted dr.organic dragon skin Dulce and Havanna ebelin essence Eveline eyebrows eyeliner eyes eyeshadow face fantasy fire farmakol fashion favorite floss nail polish necklace flowers Formula 10.0.6 foundation fruit juice fun Gabrini garnier glitter gold gold fever golden rose Goldfinger gradient green grey Grey's Kelly hair halloween hands haul hazelnut cream pie hearts hibiscus highlight hipp hm hobby hologram Honey Crystals i wear my sunglasses at night ikea inventory iq cosmetics iris bon bon Its Rambo No5 jewelry KKCenterHk L'oreal La Roche-Posay labello lander lashes LE leaves limited edition lip balm lipgloss lipliner lips lipstick look by bipa lotion lush make it golden make up make up bowl make up factory mascara mask mat matte max factor maybelline midnight date military jacket mini colorama mint miss piggy reloaded moment Mont Bleu muller nail art nail beads nail file nail sequins nails navy neon neutrogena nivea nude nuxe oil olival ombre orange organisation palette party blue passion for fassion peeling perfume pigments pink pip powder preview prussian blue purple rainbow rainbow necklace red review revlon ring rosal rose Rouge Parfait run forest run S-he sale sand scent schwarzkopf scotch tape sea season of extremes sephora shampoo shimmer silver Sir Yes Sir skittles smart girls sombrero tan sparkly sponge spray stamping stickers studio nails top sealer studs summer summer look sundance sunset clouds swatch syoss the nude the better tools trust in fashion turquoise fever velvet nail powder wash water decals wax wet'n'wild white winged wonder women yellow yellow submarine yolizul