Thứ Tư, 4 tháng 2, 2015

Get To Know Me

Hey everyone! This is sort of weird, I've been doing this blog for a long time and haven't really said much about myself. So that's what we're doing today. This post is basically just me answering a bunch of random questions I dug up online. I honestly tried to make it not boring.


My name's Jelena. I'm between the ages of 25-30 (mystery age! LOL). I'm from Zagreb, Croatia. I am very loud and not afraid to say how I feel about things. I guess most people know me as Croatia's meanest beauty blogger, LOL. You have to work at it, guys bwahahaha I am very short, have dark chestnut hair, and am a goofy person who loves animals and colorful things (I'm like a cat: ''Oooh shiny!'').

What does your blog name mean?
No, I'm not from Poland haha. I always arranged my nail polishes by color, which is how I organize a lot of my things. So I'd always have a nail polish rainbow in my house, and that's where the name comes from, since I originally started as a nail polish blogger. I am kind of over the name now, and am thinking about changing it to something less totally lame.
Where is your birth place and are you far from it now?
Zagreb, Croatia, Europe; and I still live here, and I love my hometown:
What is your motto?
''Treat me good - I treat you better. Treat me bad - I treat you worse.''
What are your hobbies?
I like origami, lots of creative DIY stuff and DIY projects, I also love Formula 1.
If you could travel anywhere in the world - where would you go and why?
On top of my list right now: Australia. Because it's gorgeous.
How tall are you?
Really short: less than 160 cm. And I'm skinny too. Well, as long as I'm happy...
How do you spend your free time?
I write this blog, and goof off on the Internet.
Favorite sport you like to watch or participate in?
I adore Formula 1, but I obviously don't participate in it. I need to get a Super Licence first LOL
Are you a religious person?
Not in the least. I guess I just really don't believe and it has no relevance to my life. I think to have morals is important, but that is very far from religion: most people who call themselves religious do not have enough morals to be considered a good person in my book. I guess that where I live I only see fake-religion: people are claiming that they are religious, but they do not apply it in their daily lives: for instance, they cheat on their spouse. I have no tolerance for that.
Are you liberal or conservative?
Liberal. I support gay rights and also a woman's right to be in charge of her own body.
If you could change something about yourself, what would it be & why?
I've been thinking about getting Invisalign, but it's so freaking expensive, like DAMN!
What’s the #1 most played song on your iPod?
What is one of your favorite quotes?
Let's get nerdy together, guys hehe. I love how Romeo describes Juliet the first time he sees her, I've even memorized it by heart:
Oh, she doth teach the torches to burn bright!
It seems she hangs upon the cheek of night
Like a rich jewel in an Ethiope’s ear,
Beauty too rich for use, for earth too dear.
So shows a snowy dove trooping with crows
As yonder lady o'er her fellows shows.
The measure done, I’ll watch her place of stand,
And, touching hers, make blessèd my rude hand.
Did my heart love till now? Forswear it, sight!
For I ne'er saw true beauty till this night.
Dorky, I know. :/
What’s your favorite indoor/outdoor activity?
Indoor: watching youtube videos. 
Outdoor: walks in the park with the dog.
What chore do you absolutely hate doing?
I hate vacuuming.
What is your favorite form of exercise?
Squats all day. Got to get the best butt.
What is your favorite month of the year?
Sometime warm: May or June. 
What’s your least favorite mode of transportation?
I am scared of flying.
If you could paint a picture of any scenery you’ve seen before, what would you paint?
There's this eye exam I do about once a year, and while it's being done, I can literally see the inside of my own eye. Basically I get to see my own retina. I know it sounds creepy, but it's just so beautiful. And the image you get is so HD. I wish I could take what I see there and turn it into a huge HD print. I know it's not technically painting, but that's what I'd love to have an image of.
If you could choose to stay a certain age forever, what age would it be?
I guess anywhere between 25 and 30 sounds good: you look young, but with the right outfit you look like an adult.
If you could witness any event past, present or future, what would it be?
Past: the building of the original Sphinx, before they changed the face.
Present: what my cat does on his neighborhood tour.
Future: maybe to see some other planets or something.
If you could learn to do anything, what would it be?
I'd love to play the piano really well.
If you were immortal for a day, what would you do?
Jump out of planes.
If you had to change your first name, what would you change it to?
Well, my name's Jelena, which is a thousand times better than what my parents originally wanted to call me (brace yourselves: Hrvojka - WTF, I know). But I guess I like the spanish version of my name: Elena.
If you could meet anyone, living or dead, who would you meet?
Queen Nzinga. Some people call her the first person in history to say no to slavery. Anyways, I thinks she was so inspirational and intelligent.
If you won the lottery, what is the first thing you would do?
Buy a house, take a long trip somewhere exotic and take my mom with me.
If you were reincarnated as an animal, what would it be?
I'd love to be a tiger. But I wouldn't want to hunt anything, I'd just jump all day.
If you could know the answer to any question, besides “What is the meaning of life?”, what would it be?
''Are there huge sea monsters still alive in the ocean today?''
If you could be any fictional character, who would you choose?
Jean Grey - she's so powerful! Or Thor's wife. Because he is so hot. Yummy!
Have you ever had something happen to you that you thought was bad but it turned out to be for the best?
You always have to look for the silver lining, especially when things are not good.
What was one of the best parties you’ve ever been to?
I hate parties. I mean, I don't hate them, I just hate being around cigarette smokers (yuck! so gross). I guess I am more the quiet, stay at home type. I always thought of parties as a drag and an obligation, and never exciting.
What was the last movie, TV show or book that made you cry or tear up?
I cry when I'm on my period, so I just cried when I only caught the end of The Bee Movie. Seriously, I have those days when I just cry, and anything can trigger it.
What was the last experience that made you a stronger person?
I had someone close to me do an insanely evil thing to me, for no reason what so ever, and they did not think that they did anything wrong. Cutting this person out of my life was the best decision I ever made.
What is your first memory of being really excited?
I remember when I was 1,5 years old and we went to visit my grandmother in her village. It was the first time I was in the countryside. I've only seen it once, and at such a young age, but it was so beautiful that I still remember it.
If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
I love Spain, so maybe Madrid.
What is your biggest fear?
I'm scared of ghosts and paranormal stuff like that.
What really makes you angry?
When people don't want others to have the same rights as them because they're gay or just because they're different - like, when women are not allowed to do things because it's only reserved for men. Basically, people's bullshit makes me angry.
What is your favorite book to read?
Sense and Sensibility. Colonel Brandon is my favorite. <3
What was the last movie you went to? What did you think?
I saw Hobbit, the last part. It was a bit ridiculous how the characters were that majestic, but I enjoyed it. I usually enjoy all movies, I am a bad critic.
If you could choose to do anything for a day, what would it be?
I'd want to go for a ride in one of those fighter jets (like from Top Gun) , you know what I mean, the awesome ones.
Have you ever had a nickname? What is it?
Never.
Do you like or dislike surprises? Why or why not?
I hate surprises, because I always want to know what's going on. Even if someone does something nice for me, I would be upset because I did not know it was happening.
Would you rather win the lottery or work at the perfect job? And why?
The lottery please, I love shopping.
If you could go back in time, what year would you travel to?
OMG Can I please see dinosaurs? They're the best.
List two pet peeves.
Hate people with dirty hands. Hate people who make noises when they eat.
If you were a super-hero, what powers would you have?
I would love to have Magneto's powers combined with Wolverine's. I am team Magneto.
What's your favorite ZOO animal?
Hopefully in the future ZOOs won't exist and all animals will be able to live free, and not serve for our (lame and cruel) entertainment. Just because some douche wants to see a tiger in real life, one animal has to suffer and be depressed? No, that's so sad. ZOOs need to stop.
If you could go back in time to change one thing, what would it be?
Kill Hitler or something.
How many pillows do you sleep with?
Just one, but I'm very picky; it's difficult to find one that fits me just right. I never sleep well, I'm always semi-tired.
Would you rather trade intelligence for looks or looks for intelligence?
You should always want intelligence, because beauty is in the eyes of the viewer.
What's your favorite holiday?
Christmas. I love the decorations and the cookies. 
Are you a clean or a messy person?
I'm super clean and organized. Observe:
What's your favorite fast food chain?
McDonalds! Cheeseburger and fries and a coke and a McSundae....it's my life.
What's your favorite movie?
The Fifth element. I could watch it 50 times, it never gets old.
What's your least favorite movie?
The Spiderman movies with Kirsten Dunst and the ugly Spiderman. Those movies sucked.
How old were you when you learned Santa wasn't real? How did you find out?
I never even thought 'he' was real. Kids here are pretty smart, you sort of know straight away that the story is a fake one.
What was your favorite subject in school?
If a subject had a nice teacher, I'd love it. But even if I was good at somethings, if the teacher was not a nice person, I hated the subject. I guess I liked Geography.
Do you collect anything?
This is going to be so creepy: I collect my cat's whiskers. I know it sounds so odd, but I always felt bad about throwing them away because they were so beautiful. So I decided to keep them in a box. Too weird?
Is there anything you wished would come back into fashion?
I wish it was acceptable to wear really puffy over-the-top dresses, like literally wedding dresses. I wish I could dress up like that for a day.
What do you do to keep fit?
Not much. I am squatting to get my butt to look awesome (hell yeah). But I'm very skinny so I guess I don't feel I need to exercise at the time. I am not fit, but I look OK (at least I think so). I guess I am the opposite of most people: if I had a gym in my own home, I'd work out every day; but I just don't feel like joining a gym, even though there are some really close to where I live.
If you were ruler of your own country what would be the first law you would introduce?
The death penalty for rapists and pedophiles and serial killers. We need this. And I'd ban cigarettes and banish cigarette smokers.
If you had a warning label, what would yours say?
Handle with care: Might release brutal honesty.
What's the most interesting thing you can see out of your kitchen window?
All the pretty birds! There are a lot of gardens and orchards here so I see lots of different birds, and they're beautiful.
What was your first job?
I worked for this crazy lady who had this company that basically takes money from the state and donors to spend it on her self-promotion and fancy dinner parties. It was the worst, and the person was really nuts and incompetent and rude and just horrible. I stayed there for about 6 months, which makes me the person who stayed the longest at that job (in the last few years). Usually people leave in a month or two because it's just impossible to work for such a person. I actually got a stress related illness. That bitch be crazy!
How many languages do you speak?
Croatian, english, german (learned it, but I hardly ever use it), spanish (never took classes, but I understand it better than german). I can follow a conversation on italian or french (a little). I think that's about it.
Who is the most intelligent person you know?
Probably one of my university professors.
Do you sleep with your room door open or closed?
Not just closed, but locked. I could never sleep peacefully knowing that someone might be walking in. Creeps me out.
Have you ever stolen anything?
Never. It's not acceptable, not even for a child. 
Do you like to use post-it notes?
Love them!
Do you always smile for pictures?
I smile, but with my eyes: I don't show my teeth. That's just how I smile naturally. I once had an aunt say ''Too bad she isn't smiling for any of the pictures.''. How rude of her! I'm smiling, I'm just not grinning like a lunatic.
Do you ever dance even if there’s no music playing?
Yup. Before I take a shower. It's the best exercise.
Do you chew your pens and pencils?
No, that's gross.
Do you still watch cartoons?
SpongeBob SquarePants is my best buddy. It's a great cartoon for grown-ups. I also love animated movies for kids, they're great for adults and they're not boring at all.
What do you drink with dinner?
I'm drinking a lot of Coca-Cola these days, but I'm trying to switch back to water.
What is your favorite food?
Sauerkraut is the best <3
What movies could you watch over and over and still love?
All the X-men movies, Lord of the rings, Hobbit, etc. I love these. I also got into Twilight after it was all over. Jacob is my favorite. <3
Worst movie of all time?
Gone with the wind. Scarlett O'Hara is a major bitch and a horrible person. I detest her.
Ever gotten a speeding ticket?
Nope. I still do not drive. I don't know why, I guess because I know I would not be driving every day, so I see no point in it.
Best thing to eat for breakfast?
Fruits.
What is your usual bedtime?
For a while it was 1am, then it was 11pm. I guess midnight would be ideal.
Ever watch soap operas?
Yes. I love spanish ones, Indian ones (Balika Vadhu), and I used to like some turkish ones. I never watch croatian ones because there are no good actors in Croatia. And our soap operas are boring beyond belief.
Are you afraid of heights?
It's not a nice feeling.
Do you sing in the shower?
Never.
Ever used a gun?
No, but I'd love to. It's not easy to get a gun in Croatia, or to shoot it. It's kind of expensive and requires a lot of licenses. But I'd love to go to a shooting range and have some fun. However, I use a hot glue gun, like, every single day LOL
Do you think musicals are cheesy?
Yes. Musicals are lame to me. Even if I love the movie, I'm rolling my eyes when there's a song playing.
Do you believe in ghosts?
I'm not sure. I used to, but then I had a strange experience (I had the 'Old Hag Syndrome'), so now I'm thinking most of these 'ghosts' are all in people's heads. There might be something there, but maybe in only 1% of reported cases.
I love mystery stories. Like, for years (since I was a toddler) I would always have the same dream on the exact same date. I am usually a lucid dreamer, so to have a dream I could not control was weird to me. In this dream I was the same person, but I was a man, a soldier, and I was running away from the other side's soldiers, and they were catching up to me... The dream would always end the same way: it would just abruptly end while I was running and I never knew what happened. I would always try to stay asleep and prolong the dream, but I'd still always wake up at the exact same moment. Years later (when I was in my early twenties) I realized I was probably re-living how I died in a past life: while I was running, the other soldiers shoot me and I die instantly. Once I realized this, I stopped having the dream. Mysterious, right? I love these kind of stories, but I don't always believe in them. I just think it's fun to think about it.
Ever have a Deja-vu feeling?
Yeah, it creeps me out.
Wear a bath robe?
All the time. Now I have a blanket with sleeves so I wear that when I want to snuggle.
First concert?
A lot of people won't understand this, but I hate concerts. What is the point? It's crowded, and you can hear those same songs on your iPod. Sorry, I just never got it. Not my cup of tea.
Ever take dance lessons?
Yes, at classical dances. And I sucked at it. I am more of a dirty-dancer, and I suck at that as well. I have rhythm, I am just not used to dancing, so I don't really know what I'm doing. I look like a total goof on the dance floor.
Can you curl your tongue?
Nope, but I learned to fake it in a way; it annoyed me that I couldn't do it. But instead I can mimic the referee's whistle perfectly. I was banned from some games in high school LOL
Do you like candles?
Just recently got into it, but now I read that they're carcinogenic, so I'm having second thoughts. 
Tea or coffee?
I never drink coffee, because if I do, I start to shake like a drug addict. I just don't handle coffee well.
Ever have plastic surgery?
Nope, it's for insecure losers.
Do you want to get married?
It would be nice to find someone who loves me back, and to share your life with a person who matters to you. But I would never get married just because 'it's time' or out of fear of being alone. I would have to meet the right guy first.
Do you want kids?
Only with the right person who balances me out.
Who was your HS crush?
A guy I went to class with. We went on a few 'dates', but we never even kissed. It bums me out to know nothing ever happened. I guess that whenever I'd think it was over, I'd find myself thinking ''surely not, it will happen one day''. But it never has. I still have a crush on him, he's a such a lovely person, he's kind, caring, and sweet. And he looks good (damn!), but that's so irrelevant because he has the best personality. I miss him so much, I guess it would be nice to at least have him as a friend.
Do you cry and throw a fit until you get your own way?
What am I, 3 years old?! This behavior is unacceptable even for toddlers, and especially for a grown ass woman. I would NEVER do this, not even as a child, so why now? People, please teach your brats some manners. Everyone hates spoiled children.
What's your favorite color?
A very dark navy blue.
What is your strongest talent?
I am might fine at organizing things.
What is your favorite season and why?
I love spring. I hate the cold, and I don't like how much I sweat in the summer. Spring is the most beautiful season anyways.
Do you prefer to wear pants or dresses?
Pants, always. I wear dresses to weddings, but I always thought that I'd wear dresses as an adult. Don't know why.
Do you have pets?
Yup. Got a family dog and a cat. You've seen my cat on my Instagram page, you guys adore him. He's a cutie pie. <3
When was the last time you visited a park and what did you do while there?
Walked my dog in Maksimir.
If you have to dress and leave in a hurry what is the one thing you can easily cut out of your routine?
Make up. I just don't care if my face is a mess if I'm in a hurry.
What size shoe do you wear?
38. But I'm very skinny, so the normal 38 is too wide for me. Usually 38s are a size B or C, and I need an A (talking about width). So sometimes finding shoes can be difficult.
Which one fashion accessory do you like better than others?
Stud earrings. Love them.
Which birthday are you most looking forward to and why?
None of them. I wish I could be 25 forever. I get really sad on my birthdays now, and I never thought I'd be this way when I was younger. I hate celebrating them, and in my family we're all ''too old for birthdays''. Maybe one day I'll be excited about them again, but right now nobody thinks it's a big deal, so I don't look forward to them at all.
Do you like your handwriting?
Yes. But I recently got Writer's Cramp, so it's getting painful to write.
Were you named after anyone?
Nope.
Have you ever stayed on a farm?
I have family members who live in the countryside (which is quite common here in Croatia and in Bosnia and Hercegovina), so it's nice to visit and enjoy.
Have you ever been water skiing?
I've been on those rubber inflatable things, and it's the best. Seriously, go try it.
What do you most like to do in the snow?
I only warmed up to snow in the last few years. I love walking on untouched snow.
Can you change a tire?
I know the theory, but I never tried it. Maybe one day. My dad doesn't do it himself, he takes it to the shop. I usually do that kind of stuff myself, I love getting tools as gifts. We always joke what is my favorite store: Bauhaus or Muller? LOL
Is your room more clean or more messy?
I have mild OCD, so it's crazy organized. But sometimes it gets messy. Then I clean it.
Do you prefer a bath or a shower?
Shower. I had some Lush bath bombs left over, so recently I decided to take a bath to use up the Lush products, and it was horrible, I didn't like it at all. I like swimming, but this was just lying in water - not fun.
Which animal would you most like for your pet?
A tiger or some big cat. You know, if it wouldn't eat me. It would be nice to pet them.
If we're talking realistic expectations, I'd love to have a Burmese Python, an albino in a dwarf version (so it doesn't grow longer than 6 meters). I love snakes and I think they're beautiful.
Do you like sweet treats or salty treats?
Both. I am always eating junk like that.
What color eyes do you most like?
Green eyes, they're so rare to see, and look so gorgeous on people.
Do you prefer colored or white socks? 
White socks are for losers. They sock LOL
Have you ever had acrylic nails?
Nope. These look so tacky to me.
Have you ever colored your hair?
I dyed my hair for the first time when I had my Ombre done, which was a few years ago. Until then I had never put chemicals on my hair because I was reluctant to dye the roots. Now I have Ombre for a few years and I love it.
Do you save trinkets and mementos?
I save movie tickets.
Did you have a favorite toy as a child?
I used to have this huge blue hedgehog. He was my buddy.
Do you like drinking from the cup or a straw?
I love straws, and they're good for preventing stains on your teeth.
Do you carry floss in your purse?
I am a floss maniac. I am on a strict dental regime, and it's working: no cavities in years. So I keep my teeth very clean.
Which family member do you most resemble?
I never saw any resemblance towards anyone, and I thought maybe I was in the wrong family LOL, but I recently figured out (to my shock) that I look EXACTLY like my younger brother. I never saw it until recently. Plus, my bro is like the coolest person ever. So it's nice that I look like him.
What is the weirdest thing that has ever happened to you?
The Old Hag Syndrome. I was very tired after studying for an exam, haven't slept all night, and so I decided to take a 20 minute nap. What happened was an illusion that I was being attacked by a ghost: I was paralyzed, couldn't scream or move, and I felt like someone was sitting on me and saying things (those were the hallucinations), and also I felt like I was being thrown around the bed. I only had this happened once, and it scared the shit out of me. The reason I know it was an illusion is because I've been living in the same house for 20 years, and this only happened once. My brother told me what it was, so if it wasn't for him, I'd freak out entirely.
What is your favorite fruit?
Raspberries. I also love eating lemons.
Have you ever cut your own hair?
As a kid, once, and it was a disaster.
Are you creative in any way? If so, which way(s)? 
I love making gift cards, and wrapping up boxes and drawing...I love paper DIYs, those are my favorites. <3

Well that was really long! Hopefully it wasn't THAT boring. I'd love to hear some of your crazy comments, so feel free to let me know some of your answers in the comment section! Don't forget to have a nice day!

Love, Jelena. ;)

Socializer Widget By Blogger Yard
SOCIALIZE IT →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét

Labels

'70 grape sweater accent nail accessories acrylic afrodita alessandro alverde arm art ASHley autumn aveo avon baking paper balea balm base beautyUK berry BioProl bipa black blackest black bloody mary to go blue blue paradise blush body body lotion body&soul book bornpretty bronze bronzer Brown Bruno Brownani brush candy bar care carmex catrice Caught On The Red Carpet cera di cupra chi chi circus confetti city amazon cleanser clouds coastal scents collection colour&go comparison concealer coral cracking creative ctfxc cupko deborah deborah milano dental floss dental floss container pieces dermapip discussion DIY dm dotted dr.organic dragon skin Dulce and Havanna ebelin essence Eveline eyebrows eyeliner eyes eyeshadow face fantasy fire farmakol fashion favorite floss nail polish necklace flowers Formula 10.0.6 foundation fruit juice fun Gabrini garnier glitter gold gold fever golden rose Goldfinger gradient green grey Grey's Kelly hair halloween hands haul hazelnut cream pie hearts hibiscus highlight hipp hm hobby hologram Honey Crystals i wear my sunglasses at night ikea inventory iq cosmetics iris bon bon Its Rambo No5 jewelry KKCenterHk L'oreal La Roche-Posay labello lander lashes LE leaves limited edition lip balm lipgloss lipliner lips lipstick look by bipa lotion lush make it golden make up make up bowl make up factory mascara mask mat matte max factor maybelline midnight date military jacket mini colorama mint miss piggy reloaded moment Mont Bleu muller nail art nail beads nail file nail sequins nails navy neon neutrogena nivea nude nuxe oil olival ombre orange organisation palette party blue passion for fassion peeling perfume pigments pink pip powder preview prussian blue purple rainbow rainbow necklace red review revlon ring rosal rose Rouge Parfait run forest run S-he sale sand scent schwarzkopf scotch tape sea season of extremes sephora shampoo shimmer silver Sir Yes Sir skittles smart girls sombrero tan sparkly sponge spray stamping stickers studio nails top sealer studs summer summer look sundance sunset clouds swatch syoss the nude the better tools trust in fashion turquoise fever velvet nail powder wash water decals wax wet'n'wild white winged wonder women yellow yellow submarine yolizul