Thứ Hai, 9 tháng 2, 2015

Muller, Body and Soul Makeup Brushes: Review

Hello guys! I'm always looking for good beauty tools for a cheap price; however that can be very difficult to find sometimes. These amazing Body&Soul makeup brushes (Muller's own makeup brand) made me very happy: they look great, are durable and perform very well. If you're working with a student budget, you need these (trust me). The makeup brushes turned out to be one of the best things Muller's own brand has to offer.

So I'll be reviewing 4 brushes for you today (there are more brushes in their collection, I got these four). They usually cost between 20-30 kn. What I love about them is the safe packaging (nobody has put their gross fingers in there). The brushes don't have a synthetic smell, and the bristles are soft. I have washed these many times and they still look brand new - no hairs falling out! The handles feel sturdy and stable. I personally love the colors of the bristles. For washing these I recommend a soap I recently discovered, you can find my review on this LINK. I personally recommend this soap if you have been using the brushes for liquid foundation, because washing them with some mind soap can be difficult. So just use this strong product, the brushes will be squeaky clean, and there will be no damage done to them.

Foundation brush   (29,90 kn)
I started using this foundation brush for applying my liquid foundation. However, after I purchased this brush I've switched to applying my foundation with beauty blenders, so I do not use it very often (not anymore). What I can say is that this brush can leave streak marks on your face, especially with heavy foundation. So I recommend having a beauty blender just in case to fix any mistakes. Today I use this brush for applying face masks or while contouring my face. This brush was very difficult to wash at first. When I first tried it out, I used it to apply Revlon's Colorstay, and the brush turned yellow/orange (this liquid foundation is infamous for staining makeup tools), and no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't wash the product off the brush. I thought that the brush was ruined, but after finding that amazing soap, the brush has gotten clean again, and has remained clean ever since. This just goes to show how important the right brush soap is. This brush can sometimes feel itchy and sharp on the face (but the bristles are very soft, they're just cut at a sharp angle and sometimes I get a strange sensation - however, the brush gets softer as you use it). The brush is very good shape, so if you are applying liquid foundation with a brush, you might want to give this guy a try.

Lip brush  (19,90 kn)
This lip brush has a very weird shape. I thought it was an eye brush, until I read the label. It's supposed to be used for contouring your lips (weird?). I find that it does not suit me very well, well at least not for defining the outer corners of my lips - it's OK for filling in or applying a lighter shade to the center of your lips, but any brush can do that. I guess the quality of this one is very good - it's sturdy and the fibers are tightly packed. However, I am not using it for my lips at all, I'm using it on my eyes. I see this as an eyeliner brush (I think it was wrongly labeled as a lip brush). I sometimes use it for applying lip balm (if I don't want to use my fingers), but really it's an eyeliner brush, and it does a damn fine job at that. 

Concealer brush   (27,90 kn)
I already did a review of a very similar concealer brush HERE. This one is also very good, however, I like the other one better because the other brush is more dense and it's a little easier to work with. This brush is good, but I only use it when applying liquid or very light concealer. What I do not like about this brush is how it feels on my skin: it's quite sharp and it sort of stings/itches. Or maybe my skin is too sensitive? The brush will become softer after you've used it for some time, but it's something to consider. I also don't like that the handle is so long, this is a personal thing of mine. You see, I wear glasses/contacts, and sometimes it can be tricky to apply makeup when you can't see well, and the handle is too long and you keep hitting the mirror with it LOL (people with bad vision can relate to me right now). However this little brush is absolutely perfect for applying cream contour. Love it! All these brushes are so cheap, yet they look and feel like they cost 5 times more: gotta love it!

Blush brush  (29,90 kn)
This blush brush is easily my favorite out of these. It's the perfect shape for applying blush, and the handle fits in hand nicely. Easy to wash, dries quickly (all the brushes do). I don't even remember which brush I used before this one, I only use this now to apply blushes. It picks up the product very well so with some very pigmented blushes you need to be careful so you don't over-apply. If you're going to get ANY of these brushes, this one should be on the top of your list. I'm loving this brush so much I've been giving it as a gift during Christmas. I'd say this is in my opinion the best brush Muller has to offer (though they're all really good). This brush has very soft edges and it feels soft and nice on the skin. Great for cheekbones.
So there you have it: no weird smell, easy to clean, easy to dry, no hairs falling out, handles are sturdy and they are so versatile. They do a great job and these little guys will last you a long time: they are cheap, but they are so good. I'm so happy with these purchases and can't recommend them enough. BIPA also has some cheap brushes, but I always feel like BIPA's handles are very poor quality, and I don't get that feeling with these. If you do not have a Muller store near you, LIDL occasionally has makeup brushes in their store, and they look exactly like these and are packaged the same way, so I'm betting they come from the same manufacturer (but I can't guarantee). 

Anyways, thanks for stopping by, don't forget to follow this blog on Facebook or Bloglovin', or you can follow me on Instagram, and share your ramblings with me on Twitter (all links are on the right).

Love ya! J.

Socializer Widget By Blogger Yard
SOCIALIZE IT →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét

Labels

'70 grape sweater accent nail accessories acrylic afrodita alessandro alverde arm art ASHley autumn aveo avon baking paper balea balm base beautyUK berry BioProl bipa black blackest black bloody mary to go blue blue paradise blush body body lotion body&soul book bornpretty bronze bronzer Brown Bruno Brownani brush candy bar care carmex catrice Caught On The Red Carpet cera di cupra chi chi circus confetti city amazon cleanser clouds coastal scents collection colour&go comparison concealer coral cracking creative ctfxc cupko deborah deborah milano dental floss dental floss container pieces dermapip discussion DIY dm dotted dr.organic dragon skin Dulce and Havanna ebelin essence Eveline eyebrows eyeliner eyes eyeshadow face fantasy fire farmakol fashion favorite floss nail polish necklace flowers Formula 10.0.6 foundation fruit juice fun Gabrini garnier glitter gold gold fever golden rose Goldfinger gradient green grey Grey's Kelly hair halloween hands haul hazelnut cream pie hearts hibiscus highlight hipp hm hobby hologram Honey Crystals i wear my sunglasses at night ikea inventory iq cosmetics iris bon bon Its Rambo No5 jewelry KKCenterHk L'oreal La Roche-Posay labello lander lashes LE leaves limited edition lip balm lipgloss lipliner lips lipstick look by bipa lotion lush make it golden make up make up bowl make up factory mascara mask mat matte max factor maybelline midnight date military jacket mini colorama mint miss piggy reloaded moment Mont Bleu muller nail art nail beads nail file nail sequins nails navy neon neutrogena nivea nude nuxe oil olival ombre orange organisation palette party blue passion for fassion peeling perfume pigments pink pip powder preview prussian blue purple rainbow rainbow necklace red review revlon ring rosal rose Rouge Parfait run forest run S-he sale sand scent schwarzkopf scotch tape sea season of extremes sephora shampoo shimmer silver Sir Yes Sir skittles smart girls sombrero tan sparkly sponge spray stamping stickers studio nails top sealer studs summer summer look sundance sunset clouds swatch syoss the nude the better tools trust in fashion turquoise fever velvet nail powder wash water decals wax wet'n'wild white winged wonder women yellow yellow submarine yolizul