Thứ Ba, 27 tháng 1, 2015

Essence Longlasting Lipstick: Matt Wanted

Hello ladies! I already talked about a few lipsticks from this line, it's essence's longlasting lipsticks. Most of them do not have a matt finish; however, recently they came out with some matt ones. I already reviewed two matt shades, and now here is the one that's left: no. 18, Matt Wanted.

Type of product: dark red semi-matt finish lipstick
Brand: essence
Product name: Longlasting lipstick, no. 18, matt wanted!
Price: 20 kn (3.8g)
Rating: 5/10
Would I repurchase: Probably not, this shade is not my cup of tea.
My opinion: First of all, I don't think this lipstick can be qualified as longlasting: you can get 4 hours out of it, but not even that much if you're drinking or eating. I like the packaging and the shape of the lipstick because it's easy to work with. Application is easy, this shade (as all of their lipsticks) easily slides onto your lips. I'm not loving this shade as much as I love no. 14 (no.14 is also a matt red shade). This shade is all sorts of wrong for my skin tone. I do not usually wear such dark red shades. It's not an ugly shade, don't get me wrong, it's just sort of a dark, deep wine-red which is not what I usually go for. I just don't wear similar shades, so I guess I don't like how this looks on me (it would look nicer on a tan person, IMO). Another thing I do not like is how much it accentuates the dry parts of my lips. It literally makes every line stand out. And the finish is not a creamy-matt, it's more of a matt with a metallic-shine crust on top of it. This sort of an unusual finish has made a few girls say it's not really a matt shade. It is, but it's like it has a oil-spill effect to it. I'm not liking it. When I wear this shade, I usually apply it, and then dab some of it off with a tissue so that I'm only left with a stain, because that way it doesn't look as heavy as it does when you do not dab most of it off. Below you can see the swatches, and I also compared it to the 'brother shade', the no.14 from the same line. No. 14 is a much better fit for me, and I like it a lot better. Unlike no. 14 which has a strong pink undertone, this shade is all red.
This product is for you if: If you're looking for a darker shade of red, and you have a budget. If you're just starting with matt lipsticks, this range is great for beginners.
You should avoid this product if: If you have Catrice (or better) matt lipsticks - because after those, this one's formula will be a disappointment. It's not a total disaster, it's workable, but there is a notable difference in quality.
Links: CLICK HERE to check out my review of the other two matt shades from this essence line.
Comparison: I compared both red matt shades from this line: no. 18 and no. 14. Personally, I prefer no. 14, it's a better fit for my skin tone, and I like the formula a little better.
Hopefully this post was helpful. I'm not so crazy about this shade, I prefer no. 14. However, this essence line is great because you have a wide variety of good lipsticks for such a cheap price. And brand new shades are coming to the range soon (I'm really excited about some nude ones). However, I prefer Catrice's matt lipsticks when it comes to drugstore brands available here.

Thanks for stopping by, don't forget to follow me on Facebook and my other social media.
Love, J.

Socializer Widget By Blogger Yard
SOCIALIZE IT →
FOLLOW US →
SHARE IT →

0 nhận xét:

Đăng nhận xét

Labels

'70 grape sweater accent nail accessories acrylic afrodita alessandro alverde arm art ASHley autumn aveo avon baking paper balea balm base beautyUK berry BioProl bipa black blackest black bloody mary to go blue blue paradise blush body body lotion body&soul book bornpretty bronze bronzer Brown Bruno Brownani brush candy bar care carmex catrice Caught On The Red Carpet cera di cupra chi chi circus confetti city amazon cleanser clouds coastal scents collection colour&go comparison concealer coral cracking creative ctfxc cupko deborah deborah milano dental floss dental floss container pieces dermapip discussion DIY dm dotted dr.organic dragon skin Dulce and Havanna ebelin essence Eveline eyebrows eyeliner eyes eyeshadow face fantasy fire farmakol fashion favorite floss nail polish necklace flowers Formula 10.0.6 foundation fruit juice fun Gabrini garnier glitter gold gold fever golden rose Goldfinger gradient green grey Grey's Kelly hair halloween hands haul hazelnut cream pie hearts hibiscus highlight hipp hm hobby hologram Honey Crystals i wear my sunglasses at night ikea inventory iq cosmetics iris bon bon Its Rambo No5 jewelry KKCenterHk L'oreal La Roche-Posay labello lander lashes LE leaves limited edition lip balm lipgloss lipliner lips lipstick look by bipa lotion lush make it golden make up make up bowl make up factory mascara mask mat matte max factor maybelline midnight date military jacket mini colorama mint miss piggy reloaded moment Mont Bleu muller nail art nail beads nail file nail sequins nails navy neon neutrogena nivea nude nuxe oil olival ombre orange organisation palette party blue passion for fassion peeling perfume pigments pink pip powder preview prussian blue purple rainbow rainbow necklace red review revlon ring rosal rose Rouge Parfait run forest run S-he sale sand scent schwarzkopf scotch tape sea season of extremes sephora shampoo shimmer silver Sir Yes Sir skittles smart girls sombrero tan sparkly sponge spray stamping stickers studio nails top sealer studs summer summer look sundance sunset clouds swatch syoss the nude the better tools trust in fashion turquoise fever velvet nail powder wash water decals wax wet'n'wild white winged wonder women yellow yellow submarine yolizul